May 18, 2009

incognito

before reading this, be sure you've read my last poem, nostalgia. This one is like the response of the devil:> enjoy.


INCOGNITO
(with identity concealed)


i used to live a life full of drudgery
i was infamous, fallible and devilish
i rejoiced as darkness embraced my being
for i could not see how i turned out to be


then i saw her in the evanescent rays of sunset
mesmerized, the heavens cleared as i stared at her.
she had an angelic visage that i could never forget
reality shook me, showed me the different world i was in


It didn't feel like we were under the same sky
though we breathed the same air, had the same Creator
for she proved there could be heaven on earth
i was held under her spell, i do confess


I had to feign for the truth might frighten her
meeting her was ineffable, it couldn't be described
only then did i believe opposites attract
for we had an uncanny connection of love and fervor


We had something which started with lies
though the feeling i had was genuine all along
the truth behind who i was would put her to agony
i spared her from more pain so i left her alone


For while i thought i could bear what i've done
Yet i left her a part of me i never knew i had
I went back to see her to have my heart back
incognito, i couldn't help but comfort her weeping soul


With a kiss, she almost surmised who i was
Another touch became the demise of my secret
She escaped, damaged, scarred and fooled
i never saw her since then, i never should


written by alecxandra rimbao
may 18, 2009

No comments: